Wednesday, November 25, 2015

AMAZING Strawberry & Oreo Ice Cream Bowl



Turns out that strawberry and oreo pairs really well!

WHO can say no to breakfast when you can eat a biiiiiggggg bowl of pretty pink strawberry ice cream topped with oreo chunks and drizzles of chocolate sauce??? Definitely not me! :p

I've always loved oreos since I was a kid! Especially the white filling part haha! I've never been a savoury-snack person, I'm all about the sweet stuff! How about you?

*Yep, oreos are vegan. I already checked the ingredient list!

Try this combo out! SO GOOD~


Recipe

  • 6 ripe bananas, frozen
  • 1 c strawberries, frozen
  • meat of 1 young coconut *optional but makes it SOOO creamy! Frozen berries can make nice cream pretty 'icy' so adding this makes it super creamy! -> add 1 or 2 more bananas if not using this
  • 2-3 tbsp coconut sugar (or other sweetener of your choice)
  • Chocolate Sauce: 2 tbsp carob/cacao/cocoa powder + enough liquid sweetener to make a sauce consistency.
  • 5 oreo cookies (or however much you want) + more to top

Method

  1. Put the frozen bananas (cut into small chunks), strawberries, coconut meat, into a high speed blender/food processor. Blend until it turns nice & smooth, add in the sweetener and blend again.
  2. Break the oreo cookies into pieces. Put into the food processor and pulse a few times just to distribute it evenly (don't completely pulverise em haha).
  3. Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together until it forms a nice sauce consistency that you like, adding water as needed.
  4. Scoop the ice cream into a bowl, top with more oreos / any of your favourite toppings and drizzle the sauce! Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this today, it was amazing!♥ I'm kinda new to being a vegan, it's only been two weeks,actually. Haha! I bought your cookbook, too, it's wonderful. I live in Indonesia too, btw! We should be vegan buddies ♥ Love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... This looks so good! Oreo ice cream is so good so I just have to try this strawerry Oreo ice cream :)

    www.thesparklingdarling.com

    ReplyDelete