Friday, April 17, 2015

Mango Berry Banana Ice Cream



A not-so-common combination but definitely a really good one! In fact, I think this is one of the tastiest banana ice cream flavours that I have ever made!

Creamy, sweet, delicious strawberry banana ice cream base, topped with mango cubes and coconut sugar. Oh yeah, I give you the permission to eat dessert for breakfast! Tastes super-yummy but healthy enough to eat for breakfast! Plus it's fully raw as well!




Remember to use a fully-ripe mango ok! You know it's ripe if it's nice & soft when you squeeze it lightly. You really don't want to eat an unripe mango ever because it tastes bitter and horrible for your digestion as well!





Just in case you haven't noticed, I've been eating more HCLF (high carb low fat) vegan these days, where previously I was just eating without any ratio. I find that it does make me feel more awake and energised. No need for coffee on mornings (I have to wake up at 5 AM everyday because of school), so that's pretty awesome!




Recipe

  • 7 ripe bananas, frozen
  • 1 c frozen berries (I used strawberries and blueberries)
  • seeds of 1/2 a vanilla bean or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or other sweetener) *optional, I find berries here aren't sweet enough*
  • 1 mango, cut into cubes
  • coconut sugar, for topping

Method



  1. Put the frozen bananas (cut into small chunks), berries, and sweetener, into a high speed blender/food processor. Blend until it turns nice & smooth, add in the vanilla and blend again. (I don't add any water, but you can add a little if needed to help it blend).
  2. Scoop into a  bowl, top with the mango cubes & coconut sugar! Enjoy!!!






2 comments: