Sunday, April 12, 2015

Raw Vegan Tropical Ice Cream Sundae



I can't even tell you how amazingly delicious this is.

Banana ice cream is just the best breakfast ever. It's just so magical you know, how simply some frozen bananas can transform into a delicious, smooth, and creamy soft-sevre ice cream! If you haven't tried it before than you simply have to. Like, seriously.




This time I made something a bit more tropical, it's actually inspired by a dessert in Indonesia (where I live) which consists of shaved ice with syrup or ice cream, tropical fruits, and topped with something similar (forgot the name of that seed) to these soaked chia seeds I put on top.






I added some lime juice into the ice cream which really gives a tropical flavour!
Oh and, some granola on top for me, just because I need some nice crunch with my ice cream (or anything really).





Recipe

  • 8 ripe bananas, cut into small chunks, & frozen overnight
  • juice of 1 small lime
  • 2 tbsp coconut sugar/maple syrup/ other sweetener that you prefer
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/4 c water
  • Toppings: fruits (I used cubed pineapple, strawberries), granola

Method

  1. Soak the chia seeds in 1/4 c water overnight.
  2. Put the frozen bananas, lime juice, and sweetener into a high-speed blender/food processor (don't use a regular blender as it needs lots of liquid and it will turn into a smoothie instead). Blend until it turns into a creamy, soft-serve ice cream (you will need to scrape down the sides occasionally).
  3. Put into a bowl, top with the fruits, granola, and soaked chia seeds. Enjoy!!!





2 comments:

  1. Chelss can u please post the recipe for your apple cake again? ;D

    ReplyDelete